Welcome to the Cactus and Succulent Society of the ACT Inc
This is a friendly club which encourages the cultivation and propagation of cacti and other succulent plants in the Canberra region. We share our experiences and knowledge through our meetings, newsletters and other activities. Our members come from all parts of the ACT and surrounding communities. Some are school students; others photographers, artists, horticulturalists, general gardeners and many others. We are all interested in growing cactus and succulents. Some of us have been growing succulents for many decades.
Membership Fees Due Now
CSSACT's financial year began on 1st May.
|Number of Members||Concession||Renewing Membership|
(due 1st May)
|One person (one badge)||none||$30|
|One person (one badge)||Concession||$25|
|Household (two badges)||none||$40|
|Household (two badges)||Concession||$35|
To renew your membership, please:
- From the table above, select an amount to pay.
- Using your internet banking, pay that amount to CSSACT.
Use your family name as your Reference, so that we know whose membership you are paying.
Note your internet banking receipt number, to use below.
|Account||200 835 422|
Cactus and Succulent Society of the ACT, Inc
0412 456 223
To comply with COVID 19 restrictions imposed by the ACT Government, we use bigger venues that enable practical social distancing and an allowance of 4m^2 of floor area per person.
- Social distancing of 1.5m at all times.
- On entry, please use our own Check-In CBR QR code.
- We will space chairs evenly spaced at 4m. Do not move them.
- Use the sanitized hand wipes and liquid sanitizer at the entry and throughout the hall.
- Bring your own plate, cup and spoon. The Society will have individual packs of UHT milk, packaged biscuits, coffee, sugar and hot water. Only three people are allowed in the tea room at any one time.
- We will set up a longitudinal “talk” table where members will be able to talk to one another, separated by 2 table widths.
- If you are feeling unwell, have a fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath, please do not attend the meeting.
We're using the "Check In CBR" app.
We have our own QR code that identifies us to the ACT Government. Please download and use the "Check In CBR" app to register your attendance.
If this is inconvenient, please ask a committee member to register your attendance. We will ask for your name, address and phone number.
I can't get the Member Zone menu to work properly on iPads or iPhones with iOS before version 12 = Safari 12. Maybe other devices have similar issues. I suggest using another browser such as Puffin (https://www.puffin.com) as you can still download that from the application store, and it still works.
This issue is probably due to Joomla version 3, and so it will be fixed when we upgrade to Joomla version 4.