Miniature Succulent Garden Competition
The Society has held this competition several times. It has been a chance to show off our favourite potted succulent or cactus - or even pot. Many members showed decorated pots, some with miniature garden tools. One even had a miniature cactus magazine.
- This is a friendly, informal, open competition for fun.
- Judging will be based mostly on aesthetics and creativity (ie what looks good to the judges on the day; and of course our judge's decisions are final).
- Plants in the garden need to have succulent qualities although non-succulent plants can be included for effect.
- Containers (pots, bowls) for the garden need to be easily transportable to the meeting room. (ie not too heavy nor too large).
- Containers (pots, bowls) for the garden can be of any material (plastic, terracotta, metal etc).
- Plants need to be established in their containers, be free of pests and diseases, and not be watered for 48 hours prior to judging. (This makes them easier to move and less likely to wet the floor.)
- Members can enter as many gardens as they wish.
- A short description needs to be written by the grower about their garden talking about their inspiration, types of plants used, anything special about the garden etc.
- Remember rule one.