Welcome to the Cactus and Succulent Society of the ACT
The Cactus and Succulent Society of the ACT Inc. is a friendly club which encourages the cultivation and propagation of cacti and other succulent plants in the Canberra region. We share our experiences and knowledge through our meetings, newsletters and other activities.
Members include a whole range of people interested in growing cactus and succulent plants from school students to people who have been growing these plants for many decades.
If you would like to come to one of the society's meetings, or join, please contact us by email:
secretary (at) cactusact (dot) org (dot) au
Meetings and other activities
miniature succulent garden competition
1. This is a friendly, informal, open competition for fun.
2. Judging will be based mostly on aesthetics and creativity (ie what looks good to the judges on the day; and of course judge's decisions are final).
3. Plants in the garden need to have succulent qualities although non-succulent plants can be included for effect.
4. Containers (pots, bowls) for the garden need to be easily transportable to the Weston Creek Community Centre. (ie not too heavy nor too large).
5. Containers (pots, bowls) for the garden can be of any material, (plastic, terracotta, metal etc.).
6. Plants need to be established in their containers, be free of pests and diseases, and not be watered for 48 hours prior to judging.
7. Members can enter as many gardens as they wish.
8. A short description needs to be written by the grower about their garden talking about their inspiration, types of plants used, anything special about the garden etc.
9. See rule one.
We usually meet at 10.30 am on the third Sunday of each month, in the Weston Creek Community Centre, 12 Whitney Place, Weston, ACT. Enter from the courtyard between Coolemon Court and the Weston Creek Community Centre. (Google maps link.)
Visitors are always welcome at Weston Creek meetings. If you wish, email us beforehand for details.